Baidu USA, located in Silicon Valley, is looking for world-class engineers to join its IDG team a.k.a. Intelligent Driving Group. The IDG team is aiming to develop advanced autonomous driving technologies which will let us transform mobility and improve the lives of billions of people. We are looking for a world builder/environment artist with the strong 3D art/level design background to build one of the advanced autonomous driving simulation systems in the world. He or she will use a game-engine based technology and related tools to create a photo-realistic virtual world with interesting road networks that can faithfully and reliably reproduce real-world driving behaviors in a wide range of situations and scenarios and closely collaborate with graphics/tools engineers and stakeholders in other autonomous driving teams.
- Work with the world-class talented group of software engineers and scientists to help them efficiently and safely develop cutting edge autonomous driving technologies
- Author photo-realistic 3D worlds with interesting road networks and environment that can still be rendered in real-time with a game engine technology
- Collaborate with tools engineers to expedite world authoring for simulation by streamlining relevant pipelines and tools
- Collaborate with graphics engineers to improve graphics fidelity of the environment while still maintaining real-time performance
- Extensive experience in 3D modeling / texturing
- Extensive experience with high-quality world building/environment creation for 3D games
- Strong understanding of physically based lighting and material
- Strong practices in asset creation and optimization
- Familiarity with tools for 3D graphics development, such as DCC tools, exporters, and pipeline tools
- Experience with 3D game engines (Unity / Unreal Engine)
- Experience with photogrammetry workflow is a strong bonus.
- Experience with racing game development is a strong bonus.