PerBlue is seeking a passionate Video Game Animator to join our growing art team. We’re a quickly growing independent studio whose free-to-play mid-core mobile games have been played by millions of people around the world, including our award winning Disney Heroes: Battle Mode game. Our cross-functional and collaborative team brings experience from across the industry to our studio in Madison, Wisconsin for an unmatched quality of life and work.
You’ll have a strong technical background with a mind for efficiency as well as a thirst for challenge. If you take intense pride in your own work and can be an advocate for pushing the quality bar; Your reel will show us both flawless 2D and 3D work in film and/or videogames.
- Create convincing, fluid, and suitable character animations from various IPs in a single cohesive style
- Efficiently rig and skin characters in accordance with the technical limitations of mobile games
- Correct and adjust animations/rigs/skin weights from vendors as needed
- Work closely with the art team and engineers to resolve technical challenges where animations/rigging are related
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation or relevant field
- 3+ years of professional animation and rigging experience
- Stellar animation reel or examples of work demonstrating proficiency in rigging and skinning game-ready assets
- Mastery of animation software (Maya)
- Experience with troubleshooting implementation issues where animations or rigs are involved
- Passion for expressing human emotion and personality through both stylized and realistic animations
- Fluency with key frame animation
- Experience with Spine Animation and/or Unity 3D
Details and perks
We offer 6+ weeks of paid vacation and health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a well-matched 401k. We have a catered lunch program, a snack-stocked kitchen, and a refrigerator full of liquid refreshments. You'll get membership to our local hackerspace Sector67 and enjoy our regular socials. You'll be part of an energetic and collaborative environment, and work with a great team. We have flexible hours and are located in a vibrant neighborhood in beautiful downtown Madison, Wisconsin.
PerBlue is an independent game development studio based in Madison, WI with a highly skilled team of amazingly talented people. We’ve been named a “Top Workplace” by a wide variety of publications and have been recognized as a "Top Developer" by Google.
This is a full time position based in Madison. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
No agencies, please. We regret that we cannot consider remote work or visa sponsorship for this position.