We're currently looking for a VFX Concept Artist who can set a high bar of quality, consistency, and creative vision, with gorgeous concept art for the visual effects in Proletariat’s game projects. The ideal candidate is a talented digital illustrator who creates brilliant, iconic work in a variety of styles, can describe a visual idea with a few sketchy strokes (if necessary), can render concepts in exquisite production detail, is a skilled communicator and loves taking ownership on projects. Applicants should submit a resume and current portfolio of work. Qualified applicants may be expected to complete a small art test.
- Collaborate with our Art Director, VFX Lead, Game Designers, and Product Managers to shape ideas, visual style, and production-ready VFX concept art
- Create VFX concept and art that meets or exceeds the goals for design, technical requirements, and visual direction
- Work with Project Management to maintain clear and consistent goals
- Incorporate internal and user feedback to iterate on project visual direction
- Ability to successfully manage and provide feedback to 3D production artists working with project concept art.
- Work in an organized manner.
- 3+ years of experience creating and delivering high quality concept art and illustration work for games
- Understanding of traditional art principles including composition, design, shape language, and color theory
- Can convey motion and shape language through illustrations
- An understanding of animation principles and timing
- Displays storyboarding and/or sequential illustration skills to define the look of an effect over its lifetime
- Passionate about making VFX concepts; understanding of the importance of VFX to a fantasy spellcasting game
- Experience working in an iterative, agile environment
- Excited to improve visual skills, learn new techniques and applicable technology.
- Self-directed, receptive to critique and feedback
- Enjoys playing a wide variety of games.
- Experience creating high quality concept art for a variety of game asset disciplines (characters, environments, hard surface v.organic, FX etc.)
- Non-game concept art experience
- Experience creating work in 3D pipelines
- 2D animation samples a plus