As a game developer, you know the impact games can have. Imagine taking that to a new level-Level Ex-by creating games for medical professionals to hone their skills and provide better patient care. Using our cutting-edge mobile, AR, and VR titles, doctors practice high-risk procedures with the latest medical devices and experience the thrill and challenge of performing actual surgery.
Located in Chicago’s desirable River North neighborhood, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio recreates medical scenarios that replicate the complexities of the human body: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal. In addition to state-of-the-art graphics, supported by the latest generation technology, we employ a broad range of game mechanics and physics tech-collaborating with acclaimed surgeons to produce the best games for doctors. Games increase dramatically in difficulty as players progress, and feature compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance.
With hundreds of thousands of downloads, Level Ex has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians. Join our award-winning team of designers, developers, and artists in keeping doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
We’re looking for a talented, resourceful UX Designer to help us change the future of medical gaming.
- Collect product requirements from multiple departments including game design, marketing, art, medical, and company leadership
- Collaborate closely with game design to define and prioritize high-impact research through user testing and analytics
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and user flows that demonstrate user goals and behaviors
- Design and conduct qualitative and quantitative studies that address both interaction patterns and attitudes
- Drive change by communicating research with direct action items
- Provide design support during development as well as execution and post-launch
- Assist with QA to ensure designs are implemented accurately and with the highest standard
- Collaborate with medical researchers ensuring user interface content is based on solid medical reference
- Work with producers to understand project goals, time constraints, evolving priorities, and deadlines
- 3+ years of experience creating user interface content for mobile, console games, or mobile games
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, interactive media, game art or similar field
- Deep proficiency using UX and prototyping tools (Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Proto.io, etc.)
- Strong experimental design and/or A/B testing skills; you understand how to plan, execute, and analyze experiments in a statistically rigorous way
- Able to determine and execute the right research method for the question at hand, including when to use qualitative research methods
- Approaches problems with a user-first mentality
- Strong communication skills and comfort influencing stakeholders in varied roles and at varied levels of the organization
- Willingness to look holistically at qualitative and quantitative research, identify gaps, and work cross-functionally to fill those gaps
- Experience creating, iterating on, and maintaining wireframes and user flows
- Must have portfolio examples of sketches, workflows, interactions, and end state work
- A deep understanding of the foundation and principles of UX, and how they apply to a player's experience
- 1+ shipped game or mobile app worked on from inception to completion
- Experience in Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4
- Experience creating UX for AR or VR
- Experience in building or incorporating tools into organizations for maximum impact across teams
- Experience in animation/motion graphics
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.