Visit our website for full job info and application: https://brightrockgames.com/careers/
We are looking for a C# programmer with a focus on Unity3D to join us on a full-time basis to develop the Next Big Thing™ from Brightrock Games!
You will be a core part of a small but high performing team of international developers creating games in some of the most rewarding genres – simulation, RTS and management. Quality of life is one of our core values at Brightrock and as such we offer remote working, flexible working hours, and competitive employee benefits such as private health insurance, flexi-annual leave and wellbeing & hardware allowances.
This role is a uniquely exciting opportunity to join a project that is in its final year of a multi-year development process, and we are looking for someone who would be interested in joining Brightrock long-term and becoming a key part of our team across multiple projects.
You will jump straight into the middle of the programming team and help drive the project to release. This will involve taking on key responsibilities around Unity3D systems and working closely with the art team to ensure their work is correctly integrated with existing workflows.
As such, you are passionate and knowledgeable about Unity3D’s various rendering systems and can use your existing skill in harnessing them and finding work-arounds to their flaws. You enjoy working with less technical developers in the team and helping them achieve their vision with your technical knowledge and custom tools.
We encourage women, BIPOC applicants, and members of other underrepresented groups to apply.
- This role is intended to be a full-time permanent position, with a 6-month probationary period
- This role is a remote working position
- If you are in the UK, we can offer employee benefits such as private health insurance, etc
- If you are outside the UK, we will offer a permanent contractor role
- Take ownership of a subset of gameplay systems within the programming team
- Work with the art team to make and maintain Unity Editor tools to support their work
- Participate in the creative vision of the project and ensure decisions have technical backing
- An expert understanding of Unity3D and C#, including:
- Unity’s rendering pipelines
- Unity’s shaders and materials systems
- Software engineering skills ie. software architecture & writing performant code
- Demonstrable experience – Be it professional experience or personal projects showing your talent
- Strong remote worker ethic, along with time management and organisational skills
- Communication skills – asking for help, voicing feedback and concerns, interacting with the team and socialising. Fluent or business level English – written and spoken
- Must be able to work during our core operating hours (10AM – 4PM GMT+0) on most days
- An artistic flair – Please feel free to show us any digital art you may have
- A passion for strategy and simulation games like Dungeon Keeper, RollerCoaster Tycoon and Theme Hospital
- 100m³ of Unobtainium