Filament Games is seeking an experienced Unity Programmer to join our team on a contractual basis.
Work will largely consist of the following:
- Core system architecture
- Implementation of unique game-play mechanics and complex user interface
- Regular iteration and maintenance of the above systems
- Constant communication with other developers and production
- Implementation of game-play features and improvements
- Troubleshooting and delivering solutions to programming defects
- Troubleshooting deployment issues
- Documentation of key algorithms and interfaces
- Revising of work according to critique and judicial use of programming best practices
- Estimation of time to complete tasks
- Daily communication with team members and production
- Expertise in game development pipelines and technical constraints, particularly with respect to UI integration
- Strong knowledge of fundamental OOP concepts
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work in the A-Z game development process – from concept thru design, development, and delivery
- Passion for learning and learning games
- Experience developing games for tablets and web browsers
AVAILABLE PROJECT TIMELINES
- April - July | high school writing game | Unity2D
- March - July | kids science game | HTML5/Unity2D
- March - December | kids gardening game | Unity3D
- March - August | middle school news game | Unity2D
- June - October | middle school immigration game | Unity2D
- July - October | safety game | Unity3D
About Filament Games
Filament Games is a game production studio that creates digital learning games and interactives. Our mission is to create playful experiences that improve people's lives. We believe that games are a powerful way to engage and inspire learners, and we approach game design by translating learning objectives directly into meaningful gameplay mechanics and playful curriculum materials.
Benefits: Filament Games is an awesome place to work. Why?
- Our team is a creative, interdisciplinary group of people who are making a difference. Through innovative educational games we’re working to modernize education and revolutionize learning!
- We believe that the best work – and the best life – comes from a healthy balance between work and play, discipline, and fun. Our office culture reflects this. For example, we have flexible work hours, LAN nights, grill outs, sketch comedy classes, Show-n-Tells, and the occasional paintball battle.
- Our stylish office is located on the top floor of 316 West Washington, and offers stunning views of the heart of downtown Madison, a lively city with a world-class university, burgeoning tech industry and beautiful state capitol. Downtown Madison is a vibrant, active urban center with fun weekly events like Concert on the Square and the Farmer’s Market, and offers access to a variety of eclectic restaurants, music venues, and the best of Madison’s nightlife.
Applicants will be considered for positions on the basis of qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying without regard to race, religion, creed, sex, age, residency, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical appearance.