BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
BetterUp Studios is a brand new division at BetterUp focused on building novel transformative experiences that use wonder and delight to exact positive, science-backed change. We work with a cross-functional team of scientists, researchers, artists, developers, and designers to prototype and build everything from games and VR/AR experiences, to immersive theater and ambient narrative adventures.
We are looking for multiple Unity Developers across a range of experiences to join us in redefining the way people engage with interactive media to drive personal growth. These roles will be joining a new and rapidly growing prototyping team and will be instrumental in helping us sculpt our process and culture.
If you've been working with Unity for a while, and have been inspired by how independent games, interactive fiction, and immersive experiences have helped people flourish, thrive, and grow and now want to build some of your own -- we want to talk to you!
- Be the technical lead in architecting and executing gameplay systems that transform people's lives for the better.
- Partner with designers, creative technologists, scientists, researchers to prototype and build bold new experiences.
- Help solve complex systems/gameplay engineering problems with elegant, creative and often lateral solutions.
- Improve, optimize, and otherwise help expand ongoing Unity-based projects.
- Mentor, support and guide less experienced developers.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- An insatiable multidisciplinary world-view fueled by curiosity and relentless auto-didaticism. Bonus points if you've been told that you're too much of a generalist for a job in the games industry.
- Experience building multiple games or interactive experiences to finish. (This usually means shipping, but can also mean work on unshipped titles, strong portfolio work, or multiple game jam prototypes you're really proud of!)
- 3+ years of professional work in game development or interactive entertainment.
- Big plus if those 3+ years of experience were spent developing indie games!
- Deep familiarity, experience and knowledge using Unity and C# across the entire pipeline of 2D and 3D game development.
- Experience building tools, extensions, and plug-ins for Unity.
- A positive, motivated disposition driven to empower your teammates.
- Excellent verbal and written skills coupled with a mature self-driven mentality. We trust you to ask for help when you need it, and give constructive feedback to your peers frequently and often.
- Comfortability working with an asynchronous, remote, distributed team.
- Comfortability working in a high-growth startup environment.
- VR/AR, immersive theater and LBE development experience a strong plus.
- Familiarity with Inkle/Ink, ARKit, ARCore, OpenFrameworks, Processing, Three.js, WebGL/OpenGL, and Unreal Engine 4 are all wonderful nice to haves.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.