MSG Ventures is looking for a UI/UX Engineer to play an integral role in creating an amazing user experience for our suite of artist tools. Candidate will be focused on creating intuitive solutions for complex UX flows within our Previsualization, Capture, and Dailies production software. Working alongside Product and Engineering teams, candidate will wireframe, mockup, and prototype new forms of user interfaces and interactions for VR, Desktop, and Mobile applications. Working on a project from conception through execution, candidate must be able to incorporate input from a diverse group to integrate various contributions and ideas into the design of custom tools, plugins, applications, and products.
Specific Functions/Activities SUMMARY:
- Collaborate closely with the Engineering Lead and Product Manager to mockup and prototype new interaction and interface designs of VR / Desktop / Mobile applications, tools, and plugins for simulation and visualization of content for our venues.
- Work with product stakeholders (Productions, Systems, Software, and other departments) to create UX flows for new concepts and features for our software suite.
- Produce wireframes, flowcharts, icons, artwork, and UI assets in 2D and 3D to support our applications.
- Craft, mockup, and prototype new intuitive user interactions and gestures for both novice and experienced users.
- Work together with the team to understand and help convey new feature functionality through easy to understand guides, tutorials, and visual design of our user facing documentation.
- Work with QA and Product teams to contribute to acceptance requirements for proposed features.
- Identify areas that require attention and work with the Software project management team to ensure time and resources are properly allocated.
- Formal education in Graphic Design, Interaction/UX Design or HCI, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience designing VR, desktop, and mobile apps for artists in the film and/or games industry is required
- Working knowledge of Unity or Unreal is required
- Experience designing intuitive UX/UI for complex flows and menus is required
- Experience designing and mocking up intuitive VR user interactions and menus is required
- Proficiency in Sketch, Omnigraffle / LucidChart, Photoshop and Illustrator is required
- Proficiency in 3d modeling software to create props and UI elements is highly preferred (Maya, 3ds Max, etc..)
- Experience designing intuitive UX/UI for mobile applications is a plus
- Domain knowledge in film/game artist pipelines and creative process is a plus
- Experience designing UX/UI for plugins of various 3D Digital Content Creation and compositing tools is a plus (Maya/Cinema4D/Blender/Adobe Premiere/Nuke/etc…)
- Applicants should provide a portfolio of examples demonstrating relevant skills