3 to 6 Months Contract
Welcome to Loveshark! On a mission to be the number one social gaming platform for Gen Z girls.
We're a team of creative, kind people building the future of social games. We believe that the old stereotype of a "gamer" is outdated and we are here to shake up the norm and break boundaries. We use technologies like augmented reality and computer vision to create weird and wonderful things. Our people are at the heart of what we do and we believe in the importance of a flexible, balanced and enjoyable working environment.
When the time is right, we plan to move to a mix of remote and office working, with 1 day of your time to be spent at our Loveshark hub in Shoreditch. You'll also be able to come in every day if you prefer.
We are looking for a talented games UI Designer, who takes pride in creating great mobile products and is passionate about games. You will be the internal advocate for the user and will work closely with engineering, game design and creative teams to ensure our products are delightful and frictionless.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for juicy and artful design, possess superior visual design skills, be able to translate high-level requirements into best-in-class interaction flows, and transform those flows into beautiful, intuitive, and joyful user interfaces.
What impact will you make?
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to facilitate the design and development of UX/UI through each stage of the development process.
- Conduct research and create reference materials to provide a foundation for feature design and development.
- Design detailed user flows for game features and functionality.
- Create wireframe mockups and interactive prototypes to evaluate interface and flow designs.
- Help drive and expand the creation of world-class brands and visual directions through the exploration and development of signature art styles.
- Create high-fidelity mock-ups and game-ready assets for interface designs and elements.
- Support the implementation of interfaces and assets to achieve outstanding visual quality and user experience in software
A bit about you…
- Experience creating user interfaces and artwork for video games;
- An excellent digital portfolio showcasing your problem solving process, along with visual design, functional UI, interaction design, game juice and typography across various platforms/product types (iOS/Android/Web).
- Strong visual design skills.Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows.
- Expert in the latest design tools (Sketch, Creative Suite, Zeplin etc) and prototyping tools (e.g. Principle, Marvel, Flinto, Adobe Creative Suite, etc)
- Ability to learn new tools and techniques proficiently.
- Confidence presenting to the rest of the team and the ability to manage feedback.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, technologies and design psychology;
- Strong desire to expand your knowledge and grow your UI/UX skill set.
- Deep knowledge of mobile game UI
Pushing the boundaries
- Passion for mobile games
- Experience in animation, after effects, motion graphics or 3D modeling
- Experience in social games
- Familiarity with monetisation strategies for in-app purchases and free-to-play games.
- Experience with agile working methodologies
- Experience with iOS
Product Team at Loveshark
Welcome to the Product team. We are a cross-disciplinary team that uses data, user research and creativity to ideate and iterate on great products. We are a collaborative bunch and each brings something important to the table to form a tight team.
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process has the following steps:
- CV application review - We will review your CV and portfolio as quickly as possible and update you on the next steps.
- Let's chat - Quick chat with our HR Manager about your experience and the role.
- Video call interviews - Video calls with the product team and the hiring manager. You’ll walk us through some of your great product design projects
Thinking of applying?
We are a small team with a huge vision. We like to do things differently. We’re not old games industry veterans, we’re young and diverse and it shows in our work. Building the next paradigm of games means that we need the rebels and curious minds. If you don’t have the perfect experience but are excited about this role, apply anyway. Loveshark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.