As a game developer, you know the impact games can have. Imagine taking that to a new level-Level Ex-by creating games for medical professionals to hone their skills and provide better patient care. Using our cutting-edge mobile, AR, and VR titles, doctors practice high-risk procedures with the latest medical devices and experience the thrill and challenge of performing actual surgery.
Located in Chicago’s desirable River North neighborhood, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio recreates medical scenarios that replicate the complexities of the human body: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal. In addition to state-of-the-art graphics, supported by the latest generation technology, we employ a broad range of game mechanics and physics tech-collaborating with acclaimed surgeons to produce the best games for doctors. Games increase dramatically in difficulty as players progress, and feature compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance.
With hundreds of thousands of downloads, Level Ex has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians. Join our award-winning team of designers, developers, and artists in keeping doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
We’re now looking for a talented UI Artist to join our development team.
- Working closely with our art director, production team, UX designer, and others to produce and implement UI assets in Unity
- Developing a variety of 2D art assets for AR, VR, and mobile projects
- Assisting with the creation of product style guides
- Creating gameplay mock-ups that comply with our style guide for new projects
- Building custom, visually exciting step-by-step storyboards
- Updating and maintaining the UI of live apps
- Creating animation for various UI elements
- 2+ years of experience working in a game development environment
- Experience working in mobile game or app development
- Solid, demonstrable experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, along with working in-game using Unity
- Shipped at least one or more games (mobile ideally)
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent design foundation, typography, compositional, and layout skills
- Experience creating visual effects in Unity
- Experience scripting in Unity
- Experience generating UX designs in Axure RP
- Experience working with Confluence pages
- Familiarity with medical and anatomy concepts
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us a link to your online portfolio along with a resume or LinkedIn profile. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.