UI Artist Position
At Game Circus, we figured out that working from home suits us really well. No commuting, no transportation costs, no relocation, it’s good for the planet plus you can work in your jammies if you prefer!
We’re looking for an experienced UI Artist to join our world-class team and help us get to the next level. Founded in 2010, Game Circus is a company that is constantly striving to create the best family-friendly 2D/3D mobile games, including the market leading “Coin Dozer,” “Taps 2 Riches,” and “Shark Tank Tycoon,” the official game of the hit TV show. With hundreds of millions of players worldwide, we take pride in delivering some of the most popular video games! We're professional, fun, and easygoing! We have competitive salaries and benefits including 100% paid healthcare, dental, 401(k), team lunches, company events, discounts, flexible hours, unlimited PTO, and more!
What we are looking for
Top-of-the-line UI artist ideally with experience using the Unity engine's UI implementation process.
- UI Creation - clean, effective and appealing across a range of styles.
- High Level of UI hookup experience within Unity engine's UI pipeline.
- Experience with motion graphics.
Start: May 2022..
We’re currently looking for an experienced UI Artist, ideally with Unity game development experience to join our expanding team. Preferably, this person would have a strong passion for the UI across casual and cartoony mobile games. It would be great if the candidate has experience or interest in the Unity UI hookup process.
We are a supportive art team with an open and honest sharing of ideas and feedback. The vision and content of the game(s) are collaborative and considered. Everyone has an equal voice to help drive the aesthetic and theme of the projects we work on.
Please send a portfolio link and cover letter with your application. All submissions without a portfolio will be rejected.
- Create appealing UI across multiple titles, in development and live, working directly with the art team leads and Studio Art Director.
- Apply and maintain a consistent art style throughout the entire project(s) interface.
- Create early UI style guides that showcase a coherent aesthetic.
- Collaborate with the game team(s) to create UI components and the desired flow of the game UX.
- Iterate using feedback from the game team(s) to drive and polish features to the desired high visual quality.
- Ideally, can animate button presses, screen transitions, and UI FX.
- Preferably can integrate assets into the game(s) without sacrificing the artistic vision with the desired game budgets.
- Learn game engine capabilities and limitations, enthusiastic to ‘find a way’ to meet challenging artistic visions.
- Troubleshoot issues within the UI space in live and developing projects.
- Develop and maintain UI production/workflow/pipeline documentation pertaining to each project.
- Extremely strong portfolio of UI visuals with a lean toward the casual and cartoon aesthetic.
- Exceptional graphic design skills across iconography, layout, typography, and color theory with a portfolio that demonstrates this.
- Ability to render visuals to a high quality combined with a strong understanding of UI principles.
- Wireframe and layout prototype experience.
- A creative, multi-disciplined person who can work with the game team(s) to improve workflow and implement new features.
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design across the games industry.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal - the need to keep people in the loop is essential.
- Proficiency across the entire Adobe Suite.
- Ideally, some experience within the Unity game asset pipeline.
- Understanding and experience of mobile device limitations and challenges.
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively in small group dynamics and across teams,
- Self-motivated to drive large features autonomously.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Organized and timely.
- Strong passion for gaming.
- At least 2 years professional game industry experience.