Volition is searching for a Technical Designer with expertise in tools, scripting, pipelines, workflows, and prototyping. The ideal candidate values improving the developer experience and actively seeks ways to enhance the designer toolset.
- Streamline design tools and processes to help speed up iteration times
- Help designers troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Define and document tools, pipelines, workflows, and other design processes
- Identify and communicate design needs to programmers and technical artists
- Create and maintain detailed, up-to-date documentation for tools and other design processes
- May be tasked with other duties and responsibilities in support of the project design team
- At least four years of industry experience in design. Proven track record with AAA console products and/or online development preferred
- Familiarity with 3D editors such as UE4, Unity, or Lumberyard
- Proficiency with scripting languages, such as Blueprint, C#, or Python
- Experience building complex game objects with self-contained behavior
- Positive, professional attitude. Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to think creatively and analytically. An in-depth understanding of how gameplay works and how to create fun, meaningful experiences for the player
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to multitask and be flexible about changing role requirements
- Passion for games and ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically. A broad knowledge base of console games
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Technical Designer” in the subject line.