Nothing beats a great story, be part of ours!
Join ON Animation Studios, an acclaimed CG Animation film producer.
We are the CG studio of ON Entertainment, producer of The Little Prince (winner of the 2016 César for Best Animated Film), Mune and the highly anticipated movie Playmobil directed by Lino DiSalvo (Frozen and Tangled).
Being an international talent hub, we offer you the exciting chance to work alongside major animation producers, and onsite with amazing artists and stars like Lino, Alexandre Heboyan (Mune) and Mark Osborne (The Little Prince).
Our studio is the place where fun, technology and quality meet, giving you the chance to work on one-of-a-kind projects that are as exciting to work on as they are to watch. Our new offices in the heart of downtown Montreal are pretty cool, too.
Are you a team player with a passion for the quality of your work? Apply now for an awesome opportunity to boost your career to the next level!
The candidate is responsible for setting up and maintaining the art production workflow into engine, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring assets are correctly imported into the engine;
- Debugging and investigating problems with assets in engine;
- Communicating procedures back to the rest of the team, and proactively reacting to issues and communicating solutions;
- Collaboration with programmers to develop and test new features within the project.
A deep understanding of Unity 2017 and up Unreal Engine 4 and Unity engine features affecting the scene and scene assets, including but not limited to:
- Lighting: the available options, their properties, benefits, and performance characteristics;
- Asset organisation;
- Scene optimisation;
- Post processing options; their uses, benefits, and performance characteristics;
- Unreal blueprint knowledge and Unity C# Scripting;
- Available and upcoming features;
- Should be comfortable authoring materials. Must have a good knowledge of materials in UE4 and Unity and be able to author functional and performant materials;
- A methodical approach to material development is essential;
- Must be able to debug materials for functionality and performance;
- Must understand physically based shading and be able to communicate assets requirements to the asset creation team;
- Be able to collaborate with programmers to develop and test new features;
- Should have an extensive knowledge of all art packages directly related to creation of engine assets, and be able to customise those packages to streamline the asset pipeline and add new features; for example, the ability to script Mel/Python in Maya;
- Good communication and people management skills are essential. Must be able to listen to the art and programming teams to identify requirements and work with them to develop solutions;
- Must be able to take technical direction from the development lead and artistic direction from the creative lead, and work with both to proactively resolve any conflicts.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Advance experience of Unity C# Scripting;
- Advance experience of Unreal's Blueprints system;
- Advanced experience with Maya;
- Comfortable in a range of content creation software including Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Painter;
- Experience creating content for VR/AR;
- Maya Rigging experience;
- Shader programming experience;
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority. Thank you to all those who express interest in being a part of the ON Animation Studios team.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings, you will be contacted.
The greatest stories come from the greatest talents. Join us at ON Animation Studio!