Great location. Rockstar coworkers. Lifesaving apps.
As a game developer, you know the impact games can have. Imagine taking that to a new level—Level Ex—by creating games for medical professionals to hone their skills and provide better patient care. Using our cutting-edge mobile, AR, and VR titles, doctors practice high-risk procedures with the latest medical devices and experience the thrill and challenge of performing actual surgery.
Located in Chicago’s desirable River North neighborhood, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio recreates medical scenarios that replicate the complexities of the human body: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal. In addition to state-of-the-art graphics, supported by the latest generation technology, we employ a broad range of game mechanics and physics tech—collaborating with acclaimed surgeons to produce the best games for doctors. Games increase dramatically in difficulty as players progress, and feature compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance.
With hundreds of thousands of downloads, Level Ex has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians. Join our award-winning team of designers, developers, and artists in keeping doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
We’re currently looking for an experienced, tools savvy Technical Artist to join our expanding team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Create a suite of art pipeline and art creation tools to support new methods of high-end art content creation
- Architect proprietary asset pipelines that use the latest art and engine tools efficiently
- Identify ways to make 3D and 2D artists more effective and efficient - and make it happen
- Write scripts to automate multi-step art creation, capture, import, and export processes
- Define technical art creation and format standards across our products and pipelines
- Research, integrate, and configure new art-content systems like particle systems, animation systems, etc.
- Work with the art department to generate glorious asset renders for promotional use
Who We Want To Meet
- 4+ years game industry development experience
- Extensive experience building tools and scripts in Unity, including familiarity with the component model and tool-development functionality (2 years minimum)
- Portfolio of tools and example effects/assets
- Deep familiarity with industry art pipelines - understanding common problems and solutions for asset creation and flow in games built on a rapidly-moving tech stack
- Experience with rigging, lighting, shading, texturing, both in terms of content creation and in-engine configuration
- Comfortable working in Autodesk Maya for both content and tool-creation, including proficiency in Python and MEL
- A strong sense of artistic style and control
- Experience in C#
- Comfortable prototyping and researching new art technology and techniques
- Experience with Substance Designer
Bonus Points For
- Experience with ZBrush or Houdini
- Experience authoring shaders in HLSL, GLSL and/or Cg a major plus
- Technical art experience in creating VR or AR content
How We Make You Happy
- Creating games that genuinely make a difference in people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan with matching, flex spending account, and commuter benefits
- Unlimited cold brew coffee, beer, and tasty snacks
- Flexible, reasonable work schedules in a team-focused environment
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume, website, and a cover letter using the provided link. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
No Agencies/Recruiters, please
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.