Proletariat is seeking candidates for a brand new Technical Artist role to work on our latest game in development, Spellbreak. The most successful candidate for this role would be an individual contributor that ensures that art and animation of the game are enhanced by the use of technical processes, systems and software. Prior experience rigging character models is preferred.
- Works directly with artists and programmers to develop software tools and scripts that enhance the creation of art and animation.
- Prepares and implements technical aspects of art within the creative and technical specifications of the game.
- Writes low-level software code and scripts necessary for art implementation.
- Implements art assets on assigned portions of the game, typically in modules requiring technical art features.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Skinning and rigging character in Maya
- Apply in-game physics and rigging in Unreal
- Help design, manage, and maintain character asset integration pipeline
- Solve in-game character related issues using Unreal Blueprints and other engine features
- Provide and manage feedback on assets from external vendors
- 3+ years of progressively complex related experience.
- Solves semi-complex problems with technical solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology preferred
- Experience working in Unreal Engine4/Unreal Engine Blueprints preferred
- Prior experience with rigging character models preferred
- Plays a wide variety of games
- Experience with Maya Scriptings such as MEL, Python, or PyMel
- Proactive in identifying and solving problems
- Able to work under minimal direction and supervision
- Experience with automating tasks and creating tools in Maya or Unreal Editor with scriptings
- Familiar with character animation system in Unreal (ie. Animation Blueprint, Blendspace, Animation Montage, Pose Asset)