We are looking for talented systems designer to join our growing team and help us create exciting new gameplay experiences!
You are the advocate for the player – working with engineers and designers alike to develop engaging systems that turn button presses and trigger pulls into in game experiences that keep players coming back. You know how to turn a simple shootout into a challenging combat experience that players remember for years. You know the difference between a bad camera, good camera and a great camera, and you know how rock, paper, and scissors really feel about each other. You can make a knife work in a gunfight.
- Deliver on the game vision set by the Creative Director.
- Work with team members across all disciplines through all stages of development to own and support large systems and features that improve content and functionality of the game.
- Collaborate with product partners and vision holders to prioritize changes and influence delivery goals.
- Write and maintain relevant documentation.
- Three years of experience in a design role.
- At least one cradle-to-grave shipped title in a design role.
- Experience over a variety of systems (combat, dialogue, player progression, etc.).
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate engaging gameplay systems and to own specific systems over the lifetime of a project.
- Ability to communicate design needs and goals across disciplines.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Familiarity with UE4.
- Programming experience (C/C++ or equivalent).
- Game scripting experience (Lua, Python, etc.).
- Strong UE4 experience.
- Console development experience.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Must be willing to complete a test.