Framestore is a world leader in visual effects and animation across Film, TV, Commercials and Immersive. Having won multiple industry awards for our work, Framestore is now looking to bring the same level of excellence to our real-time Engine capabilities.
Framestore is seeking a highly motivated and hands-on Systems Administrator (Windows) to join our London team. The focus of the role will be to support our divisions using Windows platforms and real-time pipeline. The ideal candidate would be coming from the VFX, Immersive, or gaming industry.
The Systems team is responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting the technology infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to, storage, networking, workstations and rendering. It also includes the various software elements around both the core operating system and the various application layer components that are deployed upon that framework.
A Systems Administrator is the second line support, they are to set an example for the Juniors and Support Assistants and be their point of escalation if necessary. They are encouraged to also propose and work on (and sometimes lead) projects that will advance the technology framework. This includes elements of project management, communication across other departments, the delegation of tasks and coordination of schedules.
A Systems Administrator performs daily duties of maintenance on applications, OS, hardware, monitoring resources and troubleshooting. They will be on-call (on a call rotation) providing out of hours support in case of a show stopping issue.
They will also provide necessary documentation and mentoring to other members of the team.
- Strong Windows systems administration - preferably in Linux environments.
- Active Directory management.
- OS and software configuration management and automation.
- Scripting (Batch, Powershell).
- Understand and support real-time, Unreal Engine, workflows.
- Experience in engine infrastructure and source control tools; Perforce, Jenkins, Git.
- Hands-on experience and thorough knowledge of high performance computing.
- Deploying and supporting pop-up sites; production studios, remote locations.
- Strong self-guided problem solving skills
- A commitment to teamwork, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Plus one or more of the following:
- Experience supporting Redhat based OS for both workstation and server
- Networking (Layer2, Layer3 including dynamic routing and VPN tunnels)
- Storage configuration and management (monitoring, allocating and troubleshooting)
- VMWare and/or virtual server environment administration
- Cloud based solutions around compute, storage and network
- Linux based infrastructure and workflows
- Working with AR & VR HMDs on projects, LBEs or installations
At present the initial role will be remote only due to the current pandemic.
Once all London Services return to normal then the role will be an onsite one so ideally the candidate needs to be able to commute into Central London easily.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.