Storm8 is looking for a System Architect to join our dynamic team!
- Design and implement scalable, reliable, and maintainable technologies across our whole stack, making changes across database, server code and client code on iOS/Android platforms for both existing and new game development.
- Drive the technical vision by proposing and implementing technology choices and component design that will make the company’s products a leader in the mobile industry.
- Define coding and architectural standards for the company’s codebase.
- Implement platform and framework level technologies for the company’s products using a variety of programming languages.
- Enforce code quality through code reviews, design reviews, schema reviews, and unit tests.
- Promote code maintainability, extensibility, and reusability across all mobile devices
- Software Engineers that have the ability to solve complex problems with simple and optimal solutions.
- Strong coding abilities; writing clean, maintainable, bug-free code
- Engineers who have the ability to learn different technologies and programming languages quickly
- Skill in implementation in C++, Objective-C, C#, Golang, Python, and PHP.
- Knowledge of mobile-specific SDKs including iOS and Android.
- Knowledge of Unity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skill in developing algorithms, including analyzing and optimizing the algorithms of others
- Skill in using database systems such as MySQL
- Knowledge of distributed computing technologies and languages such as Vertica
- Background in reviewing, analyzing, and optimizing the database schemas of others
- Knowledge of object oriented design patterns
- Skill in optimizing the performance of applications reliant on network traffic using internet protocols and technologies such as HTTP, TCP/IP, SNMP, UDP, SMTP, or SSL
- Background in designing highly scalable Internet applications
- Background in conducting code and design reviews to follow mobile best practices
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field preferred