Altagram Group is a global video game localization and audio production agency based in Berlin, Germany, with offices in Seoul, South Korea and Montreal, Canada. We are a talented and passionate team with years of experience in the video game and localization industry. With more than 4,500 game titles localized, we are a reliable partner to bring games to a worldwide audience.
Altagram is looking for a Studio Director for our office in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The candidate will be the head of our in-house team in Montreal and oversee the studio autonomously.
We are looking for a candidate who has sound experience as a Localization Project Manager or LQA Project Manager, to lead the day-to-day operational business. The Studio Director will be responsible for managing and developing client relationships for all LQA services as well as all business affairs for the studio. The ideal candidate will be responsible for making strategies and provide vision for the studio’s success. The Studio Director will be in close contact with the Altagram’s headquarters in Berlin, Germany and with our South Korean office, and report to the group CEO.
Studio Administrative Tasks:
- Managing, leading, motivating, coaching and training the Altagram Montreal team;
- Monitoring, devising and implementing strategies to ensure delivery of quality results;
- Collaborate with LQA management for strategy and supervise activities on all projects;
- Oversee studio maintenance proactively and as issues arise; ensuring the studio is kept clean and orderly and safety standards are enforced;
- Ensure all compliance and company policies/ procedures are enforced;
- Keep studio stocked with our daily-use materials and snacks/ coffee.
- Effectively manage the budget – keeping expenses on track;
- Manage bills and expenses for licenses, business maintenance, studio maintenance;
- Work with our finance team and accountant on revenue shares and monthly management of accounts and bookkeeping.
Liaison with other departments:
- Preparing and attending industry events, connecting with prospective clients while representing the company with our Business Development team;
- Interact with the HR department to create and maintain studio policies;
- Supervise payroll process and employees’ attendance with HR department.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Localization or LQA Project Manager;
- Fluent in English & French;
- Previous experience in a successful management role (supervisory);
- Preferred: previous experience with managing budgets and bookkeeping;
- Experience in Sales / Business Development;
- Experience in an agency or publisher within the game or localization industry is required;
- Passion for video games.