About Abrams Studios:
Abrams Studios LLC. is the independent studio behind the PC game Morels: The Hunt. We work on the UE4 Platform and our next project is going to be a VR game.
We are a hard working, and tight knit team. We are looking for a talented Game Programmer for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based virtual reality games. If you are passionate about making great games, have experience in Unreal Engine, and looking for an immediate position with potential long term work, we are looking for you!
About the role:
As a game programmer, you should be a proactive member in both design and development processes, who is able to drive the implementation of major systems, difficult features, and serious bug fixes. You should be able to create and drive the design of new systems with only minimal assistance from peers, and be able to assist other more junior programmers with working on the systems you have designed.
The coding/blueprints that you create should be clean, performant, easy to maintain, future-proof and well architected code/blueprints. We are looking to build systems that push the envelope of what the current VR platforms (the Oculus Quest specifically) can offer and need someone who is experienced and innovative enough to be a major part of that goal.
- Being one of the key contributors in Unreal Engine based VR games.
- Advising, designing, prototyping, implementing and refining core game systems.
- Analyzing, identifying and improving game performance.
- Adapting to unfamiliar areas of code or concepts when investigating a problem.
- Working closely with the rest of the development team to assist in the application of all coding/blueprints and game systems.
- Coordinating with the testing team and engineers to work on fixes for bugs.
- Working with members of other departments on cross-department features [sound, animation, VFX].
- Potentially integrating third-party SDKs and Unreal Engine updates.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- A portfolio to demonstrate knowledge and craftsmanship; preferably using Unreal Engine.
- Excellent understanding of UE4 Coding languages and Blueprints.
- Experience with game engines, preferably Unreal Engine
- Familiarity with command line tools and operations.
This role offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Fully remote position
An initial project timeline of 12 months of work with the potential to become a full time team member afterwards.