Sago Mini is an award winning company that creates fun apps and toys for preschoolers. We’re looking for an experienced Sr Unity Developer to take a lead role on a brand new initiative. You will act as the project technical lead and will work within a cross-functional team to create play experiences that delight both kids and parents around the world.
- Act as the project technical lead working closely with the product manager and lead UX designer to meet ambitious milestones.
- Research and design what is possible and figure out how to actually build it.
- Design and build out non-gameplay features. This is not a gameplay programmer role.
- Work on all things related to our IAP subscription system.
- Create tools that help the team stay productive.
- Support app releases, many of them, across multiple platforms, handling all of the little details that go into making a successful release.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong OOP skills and proficiency with C#.
- Deep understanding of how to use Unity to create cross-platform mobile apps.
- Past experience in a lead developer role. Bonus points if you are also interested in people management.
- Comfortable writing native plug-ins for iOS (Objective-C/Swift) or Android (Java/Kotlin).
- Experience building apps that use IAPs; both local and server-side receipt validation.
- A love for architecting systems. Able to break down complicated tasks into distinct solvable components, prioritize what is important, and provide accurate time estimates.
- Iterate quickly, and write clear and reusable code.
- A degree in computer science/engineering or a resume full of practical experience.
You’ll love working here if you:
- Take ownership and thrive in a fast-paced, agile, product development environment.
- Are able to work collaboratively with product managers, designers, and artists.
- Like to solve problems and are eager to learn new things.
- Are obsessed with the details, and know how to take an experience from good to great.
If this sounds like a job for you, then don’t be shy - reach out and say ‘Hello’. We love to hear about the work that you're proud of, your hobbies, and what excites you about the idea of working at Sago Mini. Please apply at http://smarturl.it/6qr405.
Sago Mini is an award-winning company devoted to play. With over 40 million downloads, 33 apps and a line of toys, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for preschoolers and parents worldwide. Based in Toronto, Sago Mini is a subsidiary of Toca Boca, the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. Both companies are part of Spin Master Corp., a global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.