Skydance Interactive is seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Sr. Systems Designer to work on our unannounced VR title. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player that is passionate about working in VR. You will be responsible for iterating and implementing game design systems while working in a close knit team of designers, artist and programmers.
Skills we look for:
- Experience designing and scripting enemy AI and complex combat systems including melee
- Ability to work hand-in-hand with level designers to intricately interweave mechanics and layout
- Create and maintain easy to follow design documentation
- Prototype and showcase gameplay systems and features to enhance gameplay experiences
- Coordinate with all disciplines to implement the best use of systems during the gameplay
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, artists and animation to implement and tune all gameplay systems
- Build and tune mechanics and systems to provide tools to play the game in various, compelling ways.
- Experience with scripting in visual languages
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them
- Experience with game engines and tools, such as Unity or Unreal
- VR experience or passionate about working in a VR studio
- College degree or equivalent professional work/experience.
- Avid gamer
- 5+ years experience in the games industry
- Minimum of 2 professional titles shipped (AAA a gue plus) with at least 1 title shipped as a Systems Designer or similar title
- Experience with UE4 behavior tree is a plus.
- Experience with UE4 blueprint
Please link portfolio, if available