Glu Mobile is excited to announce a new studio and project based in downtown Orlando FL!
Lead by co-founders Ian Cummings, Paul Fleetwood, Brian Fleming, and Jeff Luhr, this small studio team has all the quick turnaround and scrappiness of an indie studio, but with the resources and market knowledge of a larger company! We currently have a game in early stages and are looking for a talented engineer who wants to be on the ground floor of the studio, helping shape the future of the game and tech. If you want to get your hands deep in development and build amazing games with a world class development studio for Glu Mobile with all the agility and excitement of a startup while still having the backing and support of a major studio, we're hiring!
You'll most often be:
- Acting independently or part of a project team, as a top-level contributor, to create the solution and software architecture for high volume, high transaction applications specifically targeted to support the game development teams across the entire global enterprise
- Demonstrating a sound understanding of game development team objectives that drive and shape technology requirements and design deliverables.
- Possessing, developing, and applying knowledge of trends, relevant software development technologies, design patterns and methodologies
- Collaborating with other engineers and architects to drive guidelines, methodologies, and documentation
- Be a hands-on person leading the team from the front as well as a coach, guide and mentor for software engineers in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals
- Providing architectural guidance and oversight to quality assurance on all new code from inception through integration, staging and production environments
- Participating in code reviews and provide constructive feedback on design and implementation to help others improve coding skills
- Clearly document the requirements and the architecture and design proposed to deliver the software solution
- Actively take part in any negotiations or discussions regarding the necessary requirements, and provide feedback to all parties involved
- Effectively report progress and status through regular email or face to face communication with appropriate leads/managers
If your background can speak to the following, we'd love to chat!
- 5+ years of experience building out and managing enterprise level software solutions
- 5+ years of experience applying design patterns, methodologies and recognized practices like unit testing, dependency injection, test driven development, continuous integration and delivery
- 3+ years of experience to architect cloud-based applications leveraging PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) offerings from leading vendors such Amazon’s AWS
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with Unity3D
- Prior Mobile Game Experience