Remote candidates encouraged to apply.
Harmonix is seeking an experienced network-focused software engineer to join our team developing in-house backend services for our titles in development. As an integral part of our game development teams, you will work closely with designers and gameplay engineers to build out online functionality for brand new music-based games across multiple platforms.
- Design, implement and maintain scalable backend services to support online features of Harmonix’s upcoming game titles
- Work closely with gameplay engineers to ensure interoperability and fulfilled requirements
- Plan and run load and stress testing; optimize as needed
- Plan and execute deployment of fixes and new functionality into live environments
- Create tools to monitor, manage and debug online functionality
DESIRED (NOT REQUIRED!) QUALIFICATIONS:
- A college degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Experience with a web application framework (such as Django or Rails)
- 3+ years of experience with server-side scripting languages (such as Python or Ruby)
- A deep understanding of object-oriented programming, design, and code portability
- Experience architecting SQL database schemas
- Experience with NoSQL data stores
- Experience with PC, console, and/or mobile network backend development
Harmonix is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/AAP
Harmonix is committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest interactive music experiences in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.