What’s our story?
Based in Berlin, Europe's creative tech capital, our employees from over 40 different nations work together to create high-quality casual games driven by engaging stories at the core of the experience.
At Wooga, we believe that to make outstanding games you must not only love what you do, you must be part of a team with other experts who share your passion for excellence. We are very proud of the professional and creative environment we have established here and we are confident it will inspire you to do amazing things!
Will you be a part of our story?
Wooga is a data driven company. We, in the Data Engineering team, are operating the data pipeline. We are integrating user behavior data, marketing data and app store data and make it accessible to game teams, marketing teams, finance and management. In collaboration with engineering teams and Data Science we are building a personnalisation platform that enables us to provide a tailored user experience to our players.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- You will contribute to our player segmentation and clustering service.
- You will collaborate with our data scientists to productionalise their models.
- You will build, improve and maintain our data calculation and visualisation tools.
- You will design and build a new data lake solution.
- You will operate our data infrastructure. We are strong believers in a “DevOps” setup, meaning there is no separation of development and operations. You will build tools and services that do not fail, but if they fail you will be able to fix them.
- You have knowledge of technologies like Scala and Python as well as enjoy learning new languages (Go, Ruby, Java etc)
- You have built and operated a service preferably in one of the mentioned languages.
- You consider yourself a true generalist. You thrive in learning new tech when you need to, or switch stacks when required by a new project.
- You are familiar with cloud services like AWS, know the benefits of systems like Kubernetes
- You know that KAFKA is not just an author.
- You love data. You love to dig into stuff and work on a problem until it is solved.
- You have a good understanding of basic analytics and machine learning concepts.
- You are highly motivated and a quick learner.
Why will you love working at Wooga?
- We will give you the creative freedom to create a fantastic gameplay experience for millions of enthusiastic players
- We provide extensive relocation and visa support for you and your loved ones. We want to make your move to Berlin as smooth as possible
- All employees receive a significant education budget, and extra days off, to attend conferences and expand your knowledge and skills.
- We have regular meetups, workshops, brown bag lunches with industry experts, cross-discipline training sessions, and more!
- We offer a unique office space, with sleeping pods and lounges, console games, and a full kitchen with as much coffee, free drinks, fruit, and snacks as you can handle
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other!