We are looking for an enthusiastic game programmer to help create slot machine gaming concepts. This software engineer will play a vital role on our development team. This position will be responsible for leading development initiatives for both existing and new game programs. While this role is a development position, it relies on coordination with many of the departments at Incredible Technologies. Applicants must have clear written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to interact well with others.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Implement new game features into slot games per the Team Designer and mathematicians
• Work with artists and sound designers to implement art and audio into the slot game through scripts and code
• Work with QA testers to solve any regulatory or gameplay issues found in the game
• Contribute ideas to the design of new slot games
• Exercise great communication skills, as well as be organized and helpful
• Highly motivated, self-starter, creative thinker
• Capable of working in a team environment
• Consistently prove to be reliable and flexible
• Exhibit strong problem solving skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent required
• 5 - 7 years of software development experience with a primary focus on Java
• Network programming experience is also a plus, but not required
Required Technical Skills
• Must have a flair for the creative. Game players are strongly encouraged.
• Strong Java skills a plus
• Experience in a 3D graphics environment is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
• Previous experience with asynchronous, event-driven programming
• Superb debugging skills
• Bash/shell scripting and Linux experience a plus, but not required
• Experience in the gaming industry is highly preferred
Why Should You Join the IT Team?
• We are award winning…. our most recent accolade was the 2018 Top Workplace Award by The Chicago Tribune for promoting a healthy workplace culture
• Prefer jeans to suits? We have a casual dress workplace which occasionally includes a fun pajama day!
• Do you believe in doing good? We hold several annual employee sponsored charity events to support deserving organizations.
• Our people are our most important asset…we foster a friendly workplace atmosphere and encourage employees to connect with one another through fun, themed on and off site events including making use of our employee lounge area where one can enjoy a puzzle, ping-pong, billiards or foosball
• Like to eat? We do 🙂 We offer fruit and snack days, free coffee, pizza days, an annual Thanksgiving luncheon and so much more!
• “Cel-e-brate good times, come on!” We like to party 🙂 We have an annual holiday party, we celebrate employee birthdays and we celebrate summer every year with an annual movie night and fall with an annual taffy apple day!
• And as if that’s all not enough…we offer a tremendously comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, DCA/FSA, tuition assistance, flexible work hours and paid time off