Great location. Great coworkers. Lifesaving games.
Located in Chicago’s River North area, Level Ex®’s fast-growing game studio is transforming the way surgeons hone their skills by practicing high-risk surgeries with the latest medical devices in our industry-leading mobile, AR, and VR titles.
Our games are built using state-of-the-art graphics and physics tech and deploy an arsenal of well-designed game mechanics to capture the thrill and challenge of performing real surgery. These games increase dramatically in difficulty as the player progresses, and are carefully crafted with professional level design, compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance. Backed by a mature art pipeline and latest-gen engine tech, we’re able to recreate surgery with spectacular realism.
Our engine has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians; plus, we’ve custom-built GPU-based real-time fluids, tissue shading, and soft-body systems that enable a wide range of new game mechanics in mobile and VR. Our team unites award-winning game designers, developers, and artists with industry-leading surgeons, all passionate about using game design approaches to keep doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
We’re looking for a smart, technically diverse Software Engineer to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Implement, debug and reﬁne gameplay through prototyping and iterative game development
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, artists, and production to identify technical risks and implement solutions
- Collaborate with designers and artists, plus provide them with tools and support
- Research and use different technologies, SDKs, and architectures
- Implement analytics, persistent data storage, single sign-on, notifications, attribution, etc.
Who We Want To Meet
- Experience working at a game development studio with at least one shipped title
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency with algorithms, design patterns, and data structure design
- Experience across multiple aspects of game development such as character control, physics, game logic, asset loading, scoring, analytics, etc.
- Fluency in C#
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Proficiency with source control tools, like Perforce
Bonus Points For
- Experience in iOS and Android development
- Experience in Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4
- Experience in AR or VR development
- 3D graphics experience
- Familiarity with industry art pipelines and the ability to create custom scripts and tools for artists
- Experience with continuous integration and Jenkins
- Experience using JIRA
How We Make You Happy
- Creating games that genuinely make a difference in people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan with matching, flex spending account, and commuter benefits
- Unlimited cold brew coffee, beer, and tasty snacks
- Flexible, reasonable work schedules in a team-focused environment
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit for this role using the provided link. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
No Agencies/Recruiters, please
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.