Great location. Rockstar coworkers. Lifesaving apps.
As a game developer, you know the impact games can have. Imagine taking that to a new level—Level Ex—by creating games for medical professionals to hone their skills and provide better patient care. Using our cutting-edge mobile, AR, and VR titles, doctors practice high-risk procedures with the latest medical devices and experience the thrill and challenge of performing actual surgery.
Located in Chicago’s desirable River North neighborhood, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio recreates medical scenarios that replicate the complexities of the human body: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal. In addition to state-of-the-art graphics, supported by the latest generation technology, we employ a broad range of game mechanics and physics tech—collaborating with acclaimed surgeons to produce the best games for doctors. Games increase dramatically in difficulty as players progress, and feature compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance.
With hundreds of thousands of downloads, Level Ex has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians. Join our award-winning team of designers, developers, and artists in keeping doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
We’re looking for a smart, technically diverse Software Engineer to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Implement, debug and reﬁne gameplay through prototyping and iterative game development
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, artists, and production to identify technical risks and implement solutions
- Collaborate with designers and artists, plus provide them with tools and support
- Research and use different technologies, SDKs, and architectures
- Implement analytics, persistent data storage, single sign-on, notifications, attribution, etc.
Who We Want To Meet
- Experience working at a game development studio with at least one shipped title
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency with algorithms, design patterns, and data structure design
- Experience across multiple aspects of game development such as character control, physics, game logic, asset loading, scoring, analytics, etc.
- Fluency in C#
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Proficiency with source control tools, like Perforce
Bonus Points For
- Experience in iOS and Android development
- Experience in Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4
- Experience in AR or VR development
- 3D graphics experience
- Familiarity with industry art pipelines and the ability to create custom scripts and tools for artists
- Experience with continuous integration and Jenkins
- Experience using JIRA
How We Make You Happy
- Creating games that genuinely make a difference in people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan with matching, flex spending account, and commuter benefits
- Unlimited cold brew coffee, beer, and tasty snacks
- Flexible, reasonable work schedules in a team-focused environment
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit for this important role using the provided link. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
No Agencies/Recruiters, please
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.