PerBlue is looking for a passionate Software Developer Intern to join our team of experienced engineers and game designers. We’re a quickly growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games have been played by millions people around the world, including our recently launched Disney Heroes: Battle Mode game.
We are now accepting applications for our Summer 2019 Developer Internship positions.
We have internships in Front-End, Engine, and Back-End Developer roles available. You'll be working on real games, shipping real code, and have real responsibilities. You’ll be embedded on a production team where you'll work side-by-side with engineers on a cross-functional team working on large distributed server systems, network stacks, game mechanics, artificial intelligence, client side development, and user interface implementations.
Responsibilities (Front-End and Engine Developers)
As a Software Developer in a Front-End or Engine role, you’ll be working with our front-end rendering engines and implementing UI of our mobile games. You’ll push the limits of mobile technologies to achieve top-notch graphics at optimal performance, and create a pixel perfect user experience. You will play a key role in integrating and bringing to life high quality art assets that are on the leading edge of the industry, and ensure that we come to market with the best possible graphic quality.
Responsibilities (Back-End Developers)
As a Software Developer in a Back-End role, you'll be responsible for implementing backend systems that support our suite of cross-platform mobile games. You’ll solve big, complex technical problems and build highly scalable systems and servers that are able to handle TBs of data and thousands of simultaneous network connections to serve our games to large user bases.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong Java programming background
- A passion for all things programming with amazing technical skills
- Desire and willingness to learn new technology and tools
- Be results-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A focus on product and an eye for quality
- Proactive and able to take ownership of tasks and projects
Other Preferred Skills and Experience
- Mobile development experience (Android, iOS/Objective-C)
- Strong C# programming background
- Familiar with Unity, LibGDX, and/or SPINE animation framework
- An interest and passion for gaming
- Ability to effectively communicate with team-members and management
- Prior experience at a game studio (mobile, console, or PC)
- Previously shipped a mobile app
Compensation and Benefits
We have a catered lunch program, a snack-stocked kitchen, and a refrigerator full of liquid refreshments. You'll be part of an energetic and collaborative environment, work with a great team, and enjoy our regular socials. We have flexible hours and are located in a vibrant neighborhood in beautiful downtown Madison.
PerBlue is an independent game development studio based in Madison, WI with a highly skilled team of amazingly talented people. We’ve been named a “Top Developer” by Google, a “Best Place to Work” by Madison Magazine, and “Madison's Favorite Tech Startup” by the Isthmus. This is a full time position based in Madison, WI. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.