PerBlue is looking for a passionate Software Developer (Engine/Graphics) to join our team of experienced engineers and game designers. We’re a quickly growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games have been played by millions people around the world, including our recently launched Disney Heroes: Battle Mode game.
Get an inside look at what it's like to be a Developer with PerBlue here.
You’ll be focused on the front-end rendering engine of our mobile games. You’ll optimize game code and rendering to run on mobile devices, write shaders, and continually improve our graphics to achieve top-notch visual quality and optimal performance.
You will play a key role in bringing to life high quality characters and art assets. You’ll design and implement flexible combat engine features as well as integrate art and implement mechanics for combat characters and environments.
You’ll work in a collaborative environment with a cross-functional team of artists, designers, and QA to create game features, build art integration pipeline tooling and infrastructure, and bring designer specs to life in the game engine.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Strong C# and Java background
- Familiar with Unity, LibGDX, and/or SPINE animation framework
- A passion for all things programming with amazing technical skills
- Desire and willingness to learn new technology and tools
- Be results-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with team-members and management
- A focus on product and an eye for quality
- Proactive and able to take ownership of tasks and projects
Other Preferred Skills and Experience
- Low level graphics API experience (OpenGL, DirectX)
- Shader language experience (GLSL/HLSL/Cg)
- C/C++ experience
- Mobile development experience (Android, iOS)
- Prior experience at a game studio and/or shipping a game (mobile, console, or PC)
- An interest and passion for gaming (RPG, Strategy)
Compensation and Benefits
We offer 6+ weeks of paid vacation and health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a well-matched 401k. We have a catered lunch program, a snack-stocked kitchen, and a refrigerator full of liquid refreshments. You'll get membership to our local hackerspace Sector67 and enjoy our regular socials. You'll be part of an energetic and collaborative environment, and work with a great team. We have flexible hours and are located in a vibrant neighborhood in beautiful downtown Madison.
PerBlue is an independent game development studio based in Madison, WI with a highly skilled team of amazingly talented people. We’ve been named a “Top Developer” by Google, a “Best Place to Work” by Madison Magazine, and “Madison's Favorite Tech Startup” by the Isthmus.
This is a full time position based in Madison, WI. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.