PerBlue is looking for a passionate Software Developer to join our team of experienced engineers and game designers. We’re a quickly growing independent studio whose free-to-play mobile games have been played by millions people around the world, and we have been named a Top Developer by Google.
You’ll work side-by-side with a cross-functional team working on large distributed server systems, network stacks, game mechanics, artificial intelligence, client side development, and user interface implementations.
Get an inside look at what it's like to be a Developer with PerBlue here.
As a Software Developer in a Front-End or Engine role, you’ll be working with our front-end rendering engines and implementing UI of our mobile games. You’ll push the limits of mobile technologies to achieve top-notch graphics at optimal performance, and create a pixel perfect user experience. You will play a key role in integrating and bringing to life high quality art assets that are on the leading edge of the industry, and ensure that we come to market with the best possible graphic quality.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong Java programming background
- A passion for all things programming with amazing technical skills
- Desire and willingness to learn new technology and tools
- Be results-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A focus on product and an eye for quality
- Proactive and able to take ownership of tasks and projects
Other Preferred Skills and Experience
- Mobile development experience (Android, iOS/Objective-C)
- Strong C# programming background
- Familiar with Unity, LibGDX, and/or SPINE animation framework
- An interest and passion for gaming
- Ability to effectively communicate with team-members and management
- Prior experience at a game studio (mobile, console, or PC)
- Previously shipped a mobile app
Compensation and Benefits
We offer 6+ weeks of paid vacation and health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a well-matched 401k. We have a catered lunch program, a snack-stocked kitchen, and a refrigerator full of liquid refreshments. You'll get membership to our local hackerspace Sector67 and enjoy our regular socials. You'll be part of an energetic and collaborative environment, and work with a great team. We have flexible hours and are located in a vibrant neighborhood in beautiful downtown Madison.
PerBlue is an independent game development studio based in Madison, WI with a highly skilled team of amazingly talented people. We’ve been named a “Top Developer” by Google, a “Best Place to Work” by Madison Magazine, and “Madison's Favorite Tech Startup” by the Isthmus. This is a full time position based in Madison, WI. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.