Proletariat is seeking a Social Media Manager to manage digital content for our marketing efforts. As a member of our growing Marketing team, this position will work closely with our Publishing & Development teams to drive new social media initiatives that will excite various audiences for current and upcoming products and games. The ideal candidate has digital marketing on the brain, experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, the creative chops to turn their ideas into effective content, and a knack for developing strong online relationships that can convert awareness into fandom.
- Manage and grow the studio’s social media profiles, elevating our presence on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Imgur, Giphy, and other relevant channels.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to create shareable written and visual content (tweets, blogs, images, video, etc.) to enhance our brand and promote our products.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions in concert with the community management team.
- Shepherd engaged traffic from our owned channels toward meaningful goal points with our products (consideration, adoption, etc.).
- Measure and report on company social media channels and specific campaigns.
- Inform the team on industry trends and new strategies and tactics being employed in social media marketing.
- Other marketing related tasks as necessary. This is a cross functional team and everyone contributes in their areas of competency when needed.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in social media marketing/communications or a related field with the ability to demonstrate prior successes and a content portfolio
- Top-notch communication skills, including sharp copywriting
- Demonstrable proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and keen visual intelligence. You don’t need to be a professional graphic designer, but you should be able to make/edit quality visual content given direction.
- A passion for and understanding of the fundamentals of digital marketing and internet culture
- Experience creating and editing video and animated gif content
- Experience with social media content scheduling, monitoring, and engagement software (Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.)
- A data-driven mindset informed by well-honed intuition.
- Experience in the game industry and passion for gaming a plus
- Familiarity with Twitch and live streaming
- Active personal social media presence across a variety of channels