As the Social Media / Community Manager, you will create and execute social media strategy and plans across MWM Interactive (“MWMI”) diverse and growing game portfolio to drive return on marketing investment. In this role, you will be expected to operate in creating cutting edge plans, deep post-launch analysis, and understand how to create authentic connections with players. As the Social Media / Community Manager, you will need to think strategy first and execute social campaigns across multiple interactive titles of different genres and platforms. This role works closely with the internal marketing & publishing team. Interacts with external development teams and external agencies.
- Collaborate with VP, Marketing to create social media strategy to ensure it aligns with larger marketing plan.
- Create and manage overall social media / community plans and calendars.
- Manage tightly defined targets, with daily, weekly, and monthly reporting against KPIs.
- Engage with MWMI’s communities across social handles (comment, like, repost on Discord, Reddit, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and other platforms as it makes sense).
- Identify and engage with superfans and influencers, as well as identify events to participate in or engage with, both in-person and virtually.
- Own the process of mapping out relevant keywords, hashtags, platforms, general audience behaviors, and reporting.
- Monitor and report on overall project process in order to refine audience development strategy and tactics.
- Support and help generate asset releases, including screenshots, videos, patches, and demos.
- Hands on paid social experience.
- Ability to solve routine problems effectively and react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Advocate internally on behalf of the player ensuring that company and development priorities are informed of player needs.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Social Media, Community Management.
- Experience working in the games industry possesses a background in social media marketing, influencer relations and communities, user generated content, streaming and digital marketing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required – you must be able to write and copyedit, and detail oriented.
- Must play video games and be passionate about pop-culture
- Have a strong visual eye and understanding of creating photo and video assets.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms, metrics and social listening software.
- Exceptional project management skills, current with relevant trends, a positive attitude, and thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Proven track record of launching social media campaigns and recruiting key community members as participants in events and activation's to support the strategic objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as a robust understanding of the day-to-day needs and emotions of gamers.
- Understanding of design layout best practices, metrics and reporting.
- Proficiency in platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter Instagram, Snapchat and Tik Tok, Discord, Reddit.
- Experience with Adobe creative suite, Photoshop, AI, Premiere etc.
- Thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
- Delivers on deadlines and priorities as a self-directed individual, comfortable with a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Passion for staying abreast of trends and best practices.