GLORIOUS PC GAMING RACE is an eCommerce startup specializing in PC Gaming accessories & peripherals. We are currently seeking a talented Social Media & Community Manager with a passion for the world of gaming. This new role will work with the marketing, sales and customer service teams to manage and grow our presence across all social media platforms, as well as communicate directly with users & customers. Candidates should be prepared to work in a rapid-paced startup environment, ready to jump in the hot seat of one of the fastest-growing companies in the gaming hardware space.
Your primary goals will be using a data-driven approach to build social media followership, develop and maintain our brand voice, engage fans & customers with impactful content, and improve the overall customer service experience via all relevant social media platforms. If you are a self-starter who loves social media, has strong attention to detail, a creative mind, and a knack for customer service - then this role is for you.
We need somebody with the skills & competency necessary to help develop this role from scratch and scale it as we grow. Candidates are expected to perform at a high level without micro-management.
You will become part of a small team who are all extremely passionate about our mission. Your position will be integral to the continued growth of our company - and your voice & opinions will be heard directly at the top.
This position will be working out of our corporate office located in Plano, Texas
Social Media / Community Manager Responsibilities
- Manage and own all branded social media channels
- Use performance data to design and implement platform-specific marketing strategies that align with key goals
- Develop & maintain a social brand voice that aligns with company vision
Build an evergreen presence on new platforms
- Regular posting across all relevant social media channels
Create, prepare and present ongoing publishing calendar
- Engage with any followers, fans, and customers via social channels
- Respond to all comments/direct messages to address questions or customer service inquiries.
- Generate or curate impactful and on-brand social media content, including video, text, & images
- Monitor all channels for brand mentions using relevant tools
- Locate and share high-quality user-generated content
- Network and build relationships with relevant 3rd party brands and channels
- Seek and manage partnerships with key industry Influencers
- Help team to man the Live Chat customer service feature on our website
- Define important KPIs
- Regularly measure, analyze, and report the results of social media initiatives
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Product Development teams
- Work with a PR agency to incorporate our social channels into PR efforts
- 3+ years of relevant Social Media working experience
- Extremely strong organizational skills
- Extensive familiarity or working experience related to PC gaming and/or eSports
- Understanding of the following social media platforms: Discord, Reddit, Twitch, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, Steam Groups
- Excellent written communication ability
- Basic graphic design skills in Photoshop or similar software
- Expert knowledge of social media scheduling, monitoring, and analysis tools
- Strong technical competence with the ability to quickly learn new technology
- A proven track record for hitting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Self-driven work ethic
- You would describe yourself as a “people person”, with some experience in a customer-facing service role
- You are a creative person with a good eye for aesthetics
- You are data-driven, able to incorporate real metrics into your day to day strategies