ABOUT THE ROLE
Modern Storyteller is looking for Social Media and Community Manager to help promote our upcoming game, The Forgotten City, in the lead-up to launch and beyond.
The role will be full-time for at least six months, longer if all goes well, and you can work remotely from anywhere.
As our Social Media and Community Manager, you’ll be helping to build and engage our significant and growing fan base. You will:
1. Come up with creative ideas for social content
2. Regularly post content on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram and engage with fans
3. Engage with the many streamers who loved our last project and encourage them to stream the new game
4. Engage with our community on Discord and Forums, including Steam
5. Collaborate with our European publisher, Dear Villagers, on promotional initiatives
Note: We also welcome freelance applications.
WHY WORK WITH US
Modern Storyteller is a Melbourne-based indie studio assembled from outstanding Australian devs from award-winning studios. We're well-resourced and are working on a highly-anticipated narrative-driven adventure game, The Forgotten City. Check out our latest trailer here on IGN: Link.
The Forgotten City is an open world murder mystery set in an ancient Roman city, caught in a time loop. It's a stand-alone re-imagining of the mod that won a Writers’ Guild award, racked up millions of downloads, and was called “simply amazing” by IGN and "undeniably impressive" by PC Gamer. As a mod-turned-standalone game, like Dear Esther and The Stanley Parable and many others, it has huge potential to be a commercial success.
The role comes with these perks:
1. Competitive salary (dependent upon experience)
2. Collaborative and friendly colleagues
3. Work from home
4. Be part of an exciting project with serious potential to be a major commercial success
1. Demonstrated success building social media networks
2. Demonstrated success building a community on any platform
3. A solid understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram
4. Understanding of the video game industry
5. Strong attention to detail and well-organised
HOW TO APPLY
Email info [at] modern-storyteller.com with "Social Media Manager / Game Job Hunter" in the subject line, and:
1. A cover letter outlining why you feel you meet the selection criteria
2. Your CV
3. Links to social media profiles you've built
4. The notice period for your current job (if applicable)