Who Are We?
MWM Interactive is an indie video game publisher, dedicated to bringing players inventive and artful games from independent developers around the world. MWMi’s approach is to empower the creators, let their vision lead, and to connect them with their audiences. Based in Los Angeles, the game publisher is a division of leading media company MWM.
Is this You?
We are looking for an active, passionate, and avid gamer. You are a person who lives for the gaming culture, who understands and can clearly communicate with gaming community.
MWMi is hiring a Social Manager to join its team to manage social media (consumer) marketing activation.
The Social Manager will create and execute social and individual game plans across MWMI’s diverse and growing games. S/he will be expected to operate in creating cutting edge content calendars & plans, in line with all marketing and production timeline. S/he is comfortable with post-launch analysis and understands how to use content to create connections with fans. This person will need to empower their internal creativity to envision and execute social campaigns across multiple interactive titles of different genres and platforms.
S/he must enjoy working collaboratively and be able to create innovative programs with cross-functional publishing teams, development teams, external agencies, and studios. The ideal candidate has some experience working in the games industry and possesses a background in social media marketing and digital marketing.
- Understand the role of content, not only within marketing channels, but within the consumer/ community journey with an eye towards conversion optimization and engagement
- Engage with MWMI’s communities across all gaming social handles (comment, like, repost on Discord, Reddit, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and other platforms as it makes sense)
- Storyboard and plan social content in multiple media
- Partner with the Marketing lead and development to create a strategy and content calendar based compelling content for various mediums and channels, develop test ideas, and manage a/b testing assets
- Write posts and accompanying copy with all content where needed
- Draft and send email blasts to product communities
- Support efforts in relevant crossover mediums (e.g., Twitch)
- Identify and engage with superfans in specific locations to be part of future experiences
- Identify possible crossover and collaboration opportunities
- Identify events to participate in or engage with, both in-person and virtually
- Stay on top of best practices for ideal relevant community engagement
- Collaborate with the team to create effective audience development plans that are built on insights and analytics, and then implement the tactical elements of the plan
- Own the process of mapping out relevant keywords, hashtags, platforms, general audience behaviors, and the reporting thereof
- Assess the impact of an ongoing content strategy through multiple lenses, both qualitative and quantitative (e.g., content type, tone, platform released, copy tone, impressions, engagement)
- Communicate updates/changes as necessary to all stakeholders
- Own the infrastructure for content scheduling, sharing, and measurement
- Own key marketing reports around conversion rates, and campaign performance
- Create trend reports on other cultural interests in the product communities
- Detect core themes, tropes, and cross consumption habits of the fanbase
- Monitor and report on overall project process in order to refine audience development strategy and tactics
- Social copywriting and editing
- Light video editing to fit different social platforms
- Minimum of 1-2 years of previous related experience.
- Passion for gaming and understanding of current industry trends
- Analytical Thinking - Data driven and analytical, creating and managing through an environment of performance indicators and analysis
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Experience with Hoot Suite, Falcon, etc.
- Very organized with excellent time-management skills
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills
- Results oriented, self-motivated
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Possess good business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical common-sense approach to getting things done
- Thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
- Delivers on deadlines and priorities as a self-directed individual, comfortable with a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
If this sounds like the ideal position for you, submit your CV to email@example.com and we’d love to hear what’s your favorite game and a social campaign that resonated with you and why.
NO RECRUITERS, CANDIDATES ONLY