Blue Wizard Digital is a growing video game studio located in Comox on Vancouver Island, BC, with a number of remote contributors elsewhere in Canada and the world. Started in 2014 by PopCap founder Jason Kapalka, we have a great team of people working hard on various games for web, mobile, consoles and PC, including Shell Shockers, Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle, Slayaway Camp, Nuke Zone, and many more.
We are seeking a Senior Producer to manage the development of our web and mobile egg-based multiplayer shooter, Shell Shockers. Our ideal candidate would have experience in a producer or project management capacity on multiplayer mobile and/or web-based games. Shell Shockers launched 4 years ago and averages more than two million users per month. We have recently launched a mobile version of the game on iOS and Android platforms. It is a wildly successful multiplayer game that we plan on expanding and improving on for many years to come.
- 4+ years of experience in a producer/project management capacity for multiplayer web or mobile games.
- Broad understanding and exposure to all aspects of game development – production, art, code, sound, design and QA.
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven product design and decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and a sharp business sense.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Experience with Trello, JIRA or other project management software tools.
- Ability to manage projects on a day-to-day basis, and work effectively under deadlines in a complex, ever-changing business environment.
- A quirky sense of humour is highly recommended!
- Work with the lead developers and team members of the project to establish realistic project timelines for features, assets and update development.
- Establish and assign tasks from game goals, and own the daily project management.
- Manage resource requirements, establish dependencies and balance priorities.
- Partner with technical and creative leadership to ensure project vision, deliverables and goals are clear and realistic.
- Maintain regular communication with the project team and coordinate dependencies with stakeholders.
- Maintain project Trello boards to ensure ongoing work is documented, organized & prioritized.
- Anticipate, identify and resolve potential development blockers to allow developers and production staff to focus on game development.
- Manage scope and quality, proactively assess and mitigate risk.
Negotiable depending on level of experience.
Our office is located right on the waterfront of the beautiful small town of Comox, on the northern half of Vancouver Island. Click here to learn more about Comox, and here to learn about the Comox Valley. Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are currently operating with a remote work scenario involving daily status updates, regular weekly video conferences and tight, responsive communication during normal business hours via platforms like Slack, email and Voice / Video conference.
As we return to a normal in-studio schedule in September, we prefer candidates within British Columbia and available for semi-regular travel for meetings or full in-studio work. We would consider working remotely with a candidate living and working in another part of British Columbia or Canada, based on their level of experience. We are not looking for candidates outside of Canada at this time.
Our ideal candidate could start immediately.
After more than a decade of making gems clink and pegs… peggle, PopCap co-founder Jason Kapalka (Bejeweled, Peggle, Plants vs Zombies) founded Blue Wizard Digital in 2014 to provide an outlet for ten years of pent-up violence and lust, with the goal of creating the sexiest, violentest games ever released on mobile, PC, and console platforms. A cabal of degenerates soon shambled from their swampy dens to join this unholy crusade.