Location - Kelowna, Vancouver, Seattle or Remote from Canada, Washington or California state
Join Hyper Hippo as we entertain, connect, and inspire fans around the world. We are looking for an amazing leader who can impact the world and make our team stronger through this new role as SVP, Markets at Hyper Hippo. We are looking for an executive leader to set the path for our Markets Group, which includes Data Insights, Player Experience, New Global Markets, and Marketing & User Acquisition. In this role, you will bring new ideas and techniques to grow Hyper Hippo Entertainment’s (HHE) global audience and identify new market opportunities.
If you are passionate about having a positive impact on the world through the products and brands our team creates, we want your leadership! We need you to help us own this space, and in doing so, leave a lasting mark on the players we touch. As a member of HHE’s Hippo Executive Group (HEG) you will be a part of building a renowned audience for our global brands and products. Reporting to the CEO, the SVP, Markets will also engage with other members of the HEG and the Hippo Leadership Group (HLG) as business projects and needs emerge.
As the SVP, Markets, you will grow HHE’s global audience and provide market-oriented guidance on what we should be creating to serve the breaks of our players. As a member of the HEG, you will bring a desire to grow through critical thinking, market research, business expertise, risk analysis, and exceptional people-centred practices in everything we do. Success for the SVP, Markets means that HHE is growing our main markets, and identifying and recommending partnerships globally to reach a growing audience; accelerating our global reach and growth potential. You will be empowered to research and understand our players’ behaviours and what impacts their breaks, allowing our team to be known externally for domain knowledge in this area. We depend on you to understand our current and potential audiences and what they want, and constantly look for ways to engage and entertain them.
An SVP, Markets’ Impact
People Leadership (approx. 30% of role)
“Live the ‘Hippo Way’ by training and empowering decision makers in your Group”
- Exemplify our core values in every interaction, showing a commitment to growing those you work with
- Ensure you have the talent you need to achieve your business deliverables, including responsibility for the full employee lifecycle of your teams
- Build, develop, coach and mentor your teams, empowering them to be resourceful problem-solvers, and looking for opportunities to maximize the intersections of our people’s personal career goals and business objectives
- Provide clear leadership and expectations, adapting your leadership style to bring out the best in the people reporting to you
- Create a respectful, performance-oriented, feedback-rich culture, where it’s normal to talk about what’s going well and what can be improved
Market Leadership (approx. 30% of role)
“How do we grow our global audience?”
- Lead and build a culture within the Markets group that continuously brings superior entertainment products to new markets and profitably expands in our main markets
- Provide visionary leadership to the group, charting the course for which markets we enter
- Cultivate excellence in creativity, problem solving, and teamwork, leveraging expertise within the company to explore new markets and grow them, and measure their success
- Partner with other groups in HHE and externally to gather player insights early and often, to understand and address players’ behavior and their breaks
- Ensure the Marketing & UA, Data, Player Experience and New Global Market groups are producing successfully, ensuring clear leadership and expectations at all times
- Ensure excellence in market development through Hyper Hippo’s go-to-market strategy
- Champion the performance of the product strategy and execution, define success metrics, and ensure alignment with short and long term strategic goals
Brand Leadership (approx. 20%)
“Respecting our Players’ time and expectation for great entertainment”
- Grow the audience and awareness for a portfolio of renowned entertainment properties
- Lead our global communications efforts for Hyper Hippo brands, including developer interaction, messaging development, crisis communications, trend pitching, and communications planning
- Lead the development of product franchises, acting as a main point of contact for both external and internal partners involved directly with Hyper Hippo’s products
- Ensure excellence in brand publicity through pre-launch, launch, and post-launch phases of major content pushes
- Leverage communications, content, social media, influencer strategies, while keeping an eye to how these strategies intersect and complement one another
Strategic Leadership (approx. 20%)
“Be a part of setting the overall direction of Hippo”
- With the mandates and expectations of the Board clearly in sight, work collaboratively with the other members of HEG and the HLG to leverage the strengths of the company to generate value, opportunities and trends in the marketplace, always looking for better ways to entertain players
- As a key member of the HEG, contribute to both strategy development and strategy implementation plans, ensuring alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Embody and drive alignment with HHE’s vision, purpose, and values
- Reinforce and act on ensuring our corporate purpose involves not just making money but also benefiting society
- Lead the HHE Markets group in the successful implementation and operationalization of corporate strategy, setting immediate priorities to ensure the teams are all equipped and pointed in the direction needed to address issues and opportunities
- Identify and lead strategic business opportunities for HHE markets, including expansion of Hyper Hippo brands into viable options in order to grow long-living franchises
- P&L responsibility for the Markets group
- Key negotiator with external partners and suppliers
Your Track Record Includes
- A desire to make a positive difference in the world through entertainment
- Extensive knowledge of video games and the video game industry and entertainment trends
- Strong team player, able to balance and blend various department needs and views into effective Markets strategy
- Ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset (you can overcome obstacles and learn from mistakes)
- History of exemplary product and brand communications
- Travel is required on occasion to visit studios, attend events, and promote the brand - team safety is a priority at Hyper Hippo, so travel has been limited during the pandemic
- Leadership & Communication
- Inclusive work style
- Creativity & Innovation
- Teamwork & Building Effective Teams
- Employee Development & Coaching
- Customer Focused
- Market Researcher & Strategist
- Futuristic thinking
Hyper Hippo Welcomes Everyone to Apply!
Hyper Hippo is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate every single person and what makes them unique. Having a workforce composed of individuals with different experiences and backgrounds allows our team to make better decisions and create new and exciting ideas to bring to our players. We strive for every Hippo to feel a true sense of belonging and trust.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use and please reach out if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salary and extraordinary incentive plan tied to company goals
- Extended health, dental & vision benefits, a health & wellness spending account, and an employee & Family Assistance Program
- 3 weeks vacation + paid winter holiday closure + 10 paid personal/sick days per year
- Annual $10,000 self development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it!
- Work Style Benefit - $100/month stipend to help cover the cost of parking, home internet, fitness apps - whatever you need to be comfortable working from home or in one of our hub offices!
- Home Ergonomic Benefit for your home office - $1,000
- Paid short or long term parental leave
- Charitable gift matching up to $1,000 per year for recognized causes that you support + 3 paid volunteer days per year
We’re Digital First!
- We have 3 hub offices located in Kelowna, Vancouver and Seattle along with remote employees across North America
- Our hub offices are accessible and set up to accommodate your preferences; from casual drop-ins, to a dedicated desk, it’s up to how you work best!
- If you’re based outside of one of our office hub locations, you can work remotely, with some occasional travel to BC
What We’re Building at Hyper Hippo Entertainment
Hyper Hippo is an award-winning entertainment studio, driven to entertain, connect, and inspire billions of fans around the world.
Founded in 2012, by the creator of Club Penguin, Lance Priebe, Hyper Hippo is the studio behind the smash-hit idle games, AdVenture Capitalist (with 50+ million players), and AdVenture Communist - a cult mobile hit. Hyper Hippo brings together an exceptionally creative team that is relentlessly focused on innovating and exploring new forms of entertainment.