Senior VFX Artist - Aspyr Media, Inc
Founded in 1996, Aspyr Media, Inc. got its start in Austin, TX by bringing the biggest PC gaming franchises such as Call of Duty, Sid Meier’s Civilization and Star Wars to Mac. Today, Aspyr is a video game publishing and development partner focused on maximizing the potential of games. We find the world's best games and connect them to new audiences, on all platforms.
Reporting to the Lead VFX Artist, Aspyr Media is looking for a skilled and proficient Senior VFX Artist to join our veteran team! In this position, you will create a wide variety of high quality VFX on an exciting AAA title on the next rev of technology. You will also create innovative effects from beginning to end while working closely with other departments including design, engineering, cinematics, and environment.
- Work with VFX Lead and Art Director to create a wide range of high quality real-time VFX
- Collaborate with design to create abilities, boss effects, in-game pickup effects
- Create skyboxes, cloud systems, storms, and ambient effects inside environments
- Create VFX for cinematics to support story
- 5+ years of real-time VFX experience
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of VFX coverage and animation skills
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, as well as Maya or other 3D packages
- Critical eye for timing and motion in relation to real world physics behaviors
- Experienced in gameplay VFX (abilities, boss, npc)
- Team player attitude, and self-driven to excellent content
- Proficiency with authoring and editing node based shaders and blueprints
- Advanced animation proficiencies with experience using Houdini, FumeFX, Rayfire, and/or After Effects
- Strong knowledge of PC and console development