Flight School is a studio of artists and technicians, fearlessly exploring the unknown through film, games, VR, AR, and anything else in the wide and boundless sky. Our research concentrates on the intersection of narrative and emerging technologies. Each of our expeditions charts the outer limits of storytelling, innovation and design. We are based in Dallas, Hollywood and Montréal.
Flight School Studio in Montreal is a small team of developers creating unique indie games for console and PC. We’re looking for an experienced programmer to join us. With teammates in Dallas, we tackle the most exciting creative and technical challenges through collaboration and creativity, supported by the Reel FX Creative Studios family. Fun is important, too; we game together, challenge one another to ping pong and enjoy a good cup of coffee.
As a Senior Programmer, you will balance creative problem solving with hands-on programming and development using C++ and Blueprints in UE4. You’ll work collaboratively with the entire team to design and implement various systems including gameplay, narrative, UI, AI, and more. You’ll be able to plan and scope you own work, and should be comfortable participating in a collaborative and creative environment. Expect to have a big influence on everything we make.
● Turn ambiguous technical and creative requirements into well-defined tasks
● Develop game systems from conception to completion
● Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code
● Collaborate with artists, designers, and producers to prioritize and schedule work
● Expand our team’s creative capabilities and vision through continued experimentation, research and professional development
● 5 years industry programming with a portfolio of published games
● Proficiency in C++ and Blueprints in UE4
● Strong 3D vector and math skills
● Familiarity with core game systems such as animation, physics, UI, AI
● Some experience with 3D software like Maya or 3DS Max
● Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
● Able to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
● Self-disciplined and able to take initiative in handling above duties and additional tasks which will aid the function of the organization
● Passion for video games
● Console experience (XB1, PS4, or Switch)
● Experience in C# and Python
● Experience with audio tools like FMOD or Wwise
● Network and multiplayer programming experience
If you are interested, please apply on :
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.