Proletariat is looking for a Senior Technical Designer for Spellbreak, our upcoming multiplayer action-spellcasting game. This role bridges the gaps between design, art, and engineering and works closely with them to prototype and build new spells, combat interactions, movement options, and game modes. This position offers a great deal of freedom for the right candidate to explore a wide open design space.
- Work with the Gameplay Director and Design Director to prototype and develop new gameplay options for spells, combat, skills, movement, and game modes in Unreal Engine 4.
- Act as a technical liaison for the design team to both art and engineering, ensuring cohesion across teams in implementations and functionality.
- Build and improve the tools and processes for designing, creating, debugging, and optimizing game content.
- Ensure functionality and performance of existing spells, skills, and other systems and content.
- Ensure the data integrity of design assets.
- Own your features from start to finish, acting as their advocate, testing them, responding to feedback from both internal and external sources.
- Give critical feedback to the rest of the team on all aspects of the game.
- 5+ years of experience in technical design, scripting, or similar roles using visual scripting (Blueprints, etc) and/or scripting/programming languages (C++, Haxe, Python, etc)
- Previous experience with design and implementation of a multiplayer combat system.
- Shipped at least one high-fidelity title.
- Familiarity with modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiar with modern techniques for dealing with latency in multiplayer games.
- Fluent in modern action game systems, both mechanically and theoretically, with an eye towards fun and accessibility.