We are seeking a full-time Senior Technical Artist for current and future games at our growing remote studio!
We love creating a large amount of highly stylized art and in-game assets. To achieve the beautiful, stylized games we strive for, it’s vital to have a Technical Artist that can act as a creative contributor and technical bridge between artists and programmers.
Work with an award-winning team, applying your various skills to create things like advanced IK & Rigs, procedural animations, and procedural props, while developing Export Pipelines, and more!
Own our pipeline and push us to our maximum potential to realize the full beauty of our current and future games!
We seek collaborative individuals that are excited to contribute innovative and original ideas across all aspects of our game's production & design, working together as a team.
- Develop rigging tools, scripts, and plugins to create best in class workflows and processes.
- Provide and create solutions to enable advanced deformation on characters, creatures, and other assets that are animatedsimulated.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in areas such as lighting and rendering, texturing, materials and graphics-related programming languages such as shaders
- Co-develop tools that support and empower our artists and designers
- Help to build, customize, streamline and maintain our art pipeline
- Proactively seek out pipeline improvements, workflows and technology issues.
- Think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
- Use your working knowledge of console hardware architecture to apply techniques for optimization
- Collaborate and communicate daily with teammates creating content.
- Highly proficient with Maya and all relevant tools
- Fair grasp of modeling, texturing, rigging, animating, scripting
- Ample Pymel scripting experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Built import/export pipelines for artists on at least one (preferably shipped) game
- Ability and drive to contribute innovative and original ideas across all aspects of the game's design & production.
- Located in PT, MT, or CT timezone, or willing to relocate
- Experience with Houdini and other procedural generation tools
- VFX capabilities
- Located in PST or CT timezone, or willing to relocate
- Competitive pay
- Stock Options
- Full Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited paid vacation, holiday and sick time with flexibility in timing
- Flexibility in work location(s) -- Gardens will open a physical studio location in the future, but employees will have the choice to continue working remotely.
- Benefits and perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Gardens and the country in which you work.