Daybreak Games is building teams as diverse as our ideas.
- Develop visual solutions for an unannounced, stylized (NPR) game
- Build a forward thinking art pipeline
- Establish workflow standards and best practices
- Act as Liaison between Tech and Art
Leader In Craft
- Modern Tools/Techniques: Comfortable in a variety of tools such as Houdini, 3D coat, Substance etc. Insight when to use which for tool for the right effect
- Engine: Well versed in Unreal 4
- Characters: Advanced working knowledge of rigging and character animation tools in Maya including skeletons, skinning/deformers, constraints and FK/IK
- Tools: Tool creation & scripting (MEL, Python, HLSL shaders etc.)
- Delivering on Art Direction: Excited and capable of NPR looks (painterly, cell shaded etc)
- Bonus: Knowledge of C++, C#, the Maya API
- End result: Must be able to pull all the above into a compelling end result that enhances game for players in an immersive experience.
- Empathy: Anything is possible and nothing is rejected out of hand. We strive to see others points of view, in both colleagues and our players.
- Ownership: We treat game features as our own from start to finish. Which means taking the initiative to find both problems and solutions.
- Humility: We're looking for people who want to work with the smartest people they can. We look for ways to elevate one another and actively seek feedback to find the best possible course of action.
- Honesty: We value diverse opinions. We are transparent, candid and caring, always. We are excited to see where the next great idea will come from.