At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage Artists from every heritage, lifestyle, or background to apply.
This position is available in Chicago, IL, or Orlando, FL with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to help flesh out our art team. This role will serve on a team that is working to create and launch a brand-new multiplayer game set in a completely original universe. We need a new teammate who is comfortable working with the art team to prototype new art assets and improve the workflow for all art disciplines.
- Design and develop (with Python, MEL, etc.) tools to automate processes.
- Prototype new art assets and build asset generation pipelines and tools.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Improve the workflow for all art disciplines, in particular lighting and environment art.
- Integration of art content into the game engine.
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in MEL/Python
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine 4/ or Unity
- Knowledge of engine rendering and lighting
- Experience working with industry-standard engines and software.
- Solid understanding of the artistic pipeline and workflow.
ABOUT US: Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent video game developers with 60+ shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, epic remasters, and new experiences from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in the gaming industry to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level.
Safety Notice: Iron Galaxy employees can elect to work from home until March of 2022. This policy extends to hires between now and then. Any equipment that you might need for projects will be shipped to you directly.