The primary responsibility of the Senior Technical Artist is working with Art and Engineering to bridge the gap between the creative expression of the art team and the realities of the technology in use. They will ensure that the art that ships in the game is of the highest quality possible for the technology available.
Relocation assistance within the US is available for this position.
If interested in applying, please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diagnose and solve performance and memory issues related to the use of art in games
- Create 2D and 3D assets and effects, and optimize them for CPU and GPU performance
- Help create asset budgets
- Build improvements to the asset pipeline
- Authoring and optimizing shaders
- Tool creation for the Art and Animation teams
- Act as liaison between art and graphics engineering
- Works autonomously, seeking out work to do to support the art and animation teams
- Help design creative solutions to serve core game pillars.
- Minimum of 5 years of applicable console game industry experience
- Proficient in Unreal4
- Proficient in Maya
- Excellent understanding of major 3D packages
- Proficient with Python and other scripting languages
- Experience with rendering and lighting technologies
- Able to create and design shader networks
- Experience with creating and optimizing asset creation pipelines
- Animation, Rigging and/or Technical Animation skills a plus
- Able to work independently and efficiently as required
- Ability to multitask several time intensive tasks at once
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and process documentation skills
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship.