AGS is a leading supplier of innovative games and systems for the global gaming industry. Our goal is to create superior casino gaming products which elevate the player experience to new levels and maximize profits for our customers.
Reporting to the Director of Table Games Engineering, the Senior Systems Software Engineer will be responsible for developing, integrating, and testing code as well as integrating software for our mechanical card shuffler products. He/she will provide support to and work alongside other engineers to create innovative products and identify, implement and test applications and services that best prepare the company to meet future business goals.
- Embedded electronic control systems design, development, integration and testing for our mechanical shufflers and related table game accessories and systems
- Architecture of scalable software and control systems for heavily regulated industry using the latest technologies
- Delivering reliable, secure, and efficient systems and designs that are extensible and reusable
- Provide support to and work alongside other engineers to create innovative products and identify, implement and test applications and services that best prepare the company to meet future business goals
- Utilizes technical knowledge to write and complete software tasks and projects
- Researches new technologies and incorporates them into our products;
- Provides customer support as needed;
- Uses company standards and applies design principals and patterns to develop robust software;
- Works closely with other engineers to provide assistance in the areas of systems architecture, coding standards, and related issues.
- Defining and implementing architecture management strategy, principals, and standards.
- Interfacing with gaming regulators and gaming compliance boards
- Interfacing with Product Management and external customers
- Strong technical lead for small embedded software and controls group, throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably BSEE, BSEET, BSCS or related field
- 7+ years of professional experience in an embedded electronics/software development team preferred
- 7+ years of experience with microprocessor based real time embedded systems, serial and network communications protocols preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in C/C++
- Professional experience with Linux or UNIX operating systems
- background in Linux, preferably Embedded Linux
- Strong experience with control systems and/or stepper motor controllers.
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Solid software development fundamentals such as unit testing, build automation, branched based development, and modern documentation
- Must demonstrate proficiency and possess experience necessary to develop moderately complex software in C for real-time embedded processors
- Strong Low-level embedded experience such as board-support packages, patching, driver integration, or firmware development as required to support custom electronics development
- Professional experience with electronic schematic development and interfacing with CPU architecture
- Familiarity with different types of chipsets used on embedded products, such as I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet, Interrupt Service Routines, and others
- Must be able to obtain a gaming license
Note: All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check
*Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.
AGS in an equal opportunity employer