As a game developer, you know the impact games can have. Imagine taking that to a new level-Level Ex-by creating games for medical professionals to hone their skills and provide better patient care. Using our cutting-edge mobile, AR, and VR titles, doctors practice high-risk procedures with the latest medical devices and experience the thrill and challenge of performing actual surgery.
Located in Chicago’s desirable River North neighborhood, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio recreates medical scenarios that replicate the complexities of the human body: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal. In addition to state-of-the-art graphics, supported by the latest generation technology, we employ a broad range of game mechanics and physics tech-collaborating with acclaimed surgeons to produce the best games for doctors. Games increase dramatically in difficulty as players progress, and feature compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance.
With hundreds of thousands of downloads, Level Ex has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians. Join our award-winning team of designers, developers, and artists in keeping doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
We’re looking for a smart, technically diverse Senior Software Engineer - Core Tech to join our team.
- Design, implement, and support internal tools, and improve infrastructure to support game and client teams
- Lead the development and distribution of core technologies supporting multiple teams and projects
- Develop operational infrastructure to support iOS and Android devices
- Provide continuous development and maintenance of core systems
- Provide support for our QA team, generate performance reports, and identify any errors within the pipeline
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, artists, and production teams to identify technical risks and implement solutions
- Research and implement the use of different technologies, SDKs, and architectures
- Write clean, professional, and maintainable code
- Proactively problem-solve stability and performance issues for both iOS and Android devices
- Integrate and configure third-party back end solutions, and SDKs
- 5+ years of software development experience with at least two shipped titles
- Deep iOS or Android development experience
- Solid experience working in Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with back end tools, ideally for game development
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency with source control tools (Perforce, Git, or SVN)
- Experience building and maintaining continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience working with third-party back end solutions (Playfab, Gamesparks, etc.)
- Experience providing support and creating additional features for live mobile games
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.