As a game developer, you know the impact games can have. Imagine taking that to a new level-Level Ex-by creating games for medical professionals to hone their skills and provide better patient care. Using our cutting-edge mobile, AR, and VR titles, doctors practice high-risk procedures with the latest medical devices and experience the thrill and challenge of performing actual surgery.
Located in Chicago’s desirable River North neighborhood, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio recreates medical scenarios that replicate the complexities of the human body: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal. In addition to state-of-the-art graphics, supported by the latest generation technology, we employ a broad range of game mechanics and physics tech-collaborating with acclaimed surgeons to produce the best games for doctors. Games increase dramatically in difficulty as players progress, and feature compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance.
With hundreds of thousands of downloads, Level Ex has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians. Join our award-winning team of designers, developers, and artists in keeping doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
We’re looking for a smart, technically diverse Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
- Create and maintain the core architecture of gameplay, rendering, and backend systems
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, artists, and producers to identify technical risks and implement solutions
- Research and use different technologies, SDKs, and architectures
- Collaborate closely with our game design, art, production, QA, medical research, and marketing teams on various project requirements, timelines, build reviews, and testing
- Write clean, professional, and maintainable code within our existing games
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other engineers through code reviews and leading by example
- Proactively problem-solve stability and performance issues for iOS and Android devices
- Participate in the game design process and optimize those designs for iOS and Android devices
- 5+ years of game development experience, with at least two shipped titles
- iOS or Android development experience in at least one released game
- Solid experience working in Unity3D or Unreal Engine 4
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience across multiple aspects of game development, such as character control, physics, graphics, game logic, asset loading, scoring, analytics, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency in algorithms, design patterns, and data structure design
- Fluency in C#
- Proficiency with source control tools (i.e. Perforce)
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience working with backend tools for game development
- Experience in AR or VR development
- 3D graphics experience
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Strong interest in science, anatomy, and physiology
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.