Daybreak Games is building teams as diverse as our ideas.
- Build out core aspects of our server backend, writing, maintaining and optimizing network communication between servers and clients, as well as other core backend services.
- Design, implement, and iterate backend server, networking, and other low-level support services (in game marketplace, character persistence, login/authentication, in game communication, etc.) with designers and other programmers.
- Extend existing systems or create new ones to provide new or improved functionality in support of DC Universe Online.
Leader in Craft
- Language: Expert C++ programming ability, and asynchronous programming (multiple threads and/or multiple processes).
- Network: Programming and optimization
- Critical Thinking: Building data-driven game systems
- Platforms: Console and PC
- Bonus: C#, SQL, Python, Cloud Computing, Game tool sets (Unreal preferred).
- End Result: Ability to analyze feature requests and iterate with the team to deliver implementations that accomplish the intended goals while still being robust and performant.
- Empathy:Anything is possible and nothing is rejected out of hand. We strive to see others points of view, in both colleagues and our players.
- Ownership:We treat game features as our own from start to finish. Which means taking the initiative to find both problems and solutions.
- Humility:We're looking for people who want to work with the smartest people they can. We look for ways to elevate one another and actively seek feedback to find the best possible course of action.
- Honesty:We value diverse opinions. We are transparent, candid and caring, always. We are excited to see where the next great idea will come from.