Project Managers are the primary keepers and managers of the project schedules, working closely with Producers, Project Directors, and Studio Leadership to ensure they are managing the project on-time, to established quality bars, and on budget.
Scheduling and Prioritization
• Organize and maintain the project schedule.
• Assist teams with scope and deadline management during sprints and milestones.
• Work with Producers and Directors to establish a project and feature roadmap.
• Assist in evaluating and confirming project staffing requirements.
• Partner with Producers and Directors to manage scope, quality, and prioritization of work.
• Responsible for full operational aspects of game development, including establishing development framework, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, and resource management.
• Ensure the project makes use of best practices regarding project management processes and frameworks.
• Support the building and maintenance of a high-performance team structure.
• Plan, manage, and meet the project quality objectives the Executive Producer establishes.
• Challenge internal and external issues that could impact the project constraints.
• Provide strategic and tactical direction when it comes to project management.
• Contribute to major process innovations at the studio and project levels.
• Participate in long-term strategic planning for the business.
Employee Relations and Communication
• Identify, analyze, and help resolve team organizational issues and monitor progress.
• Proactively identify project risks, issues, and triggers. Establish contingency plans as needed.
• Communicate regularly with key stakeholders to provide project status updates.
• Collaborate with team to achieve project deliverables and goals.
• Manage the change-request process to ensure all workflows and processes are defined and documented clearly.
• Facilitate communication amongst teams as needed.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in software development as a Producer, Project Manager, or Development Manager, and must have led at least 2 teams through a full project cycle.
• A great team player, ready to share knowledge and learn from others. Excels at self- and team organization. Inspires the team through charisma, work ethic, and analytical abilities.
• Able to create, manage, and maintain custom team reports using Excel, Hansoft, Word, VISIO, and other standard tools.
• Experience managing two or more projects, including establishing project plans and budgets, determining task dependencies, assigning tasks, and implementing operational changes.
• Capable of identifying and mitigating risks. Able to take appropriate steps to resolve difficulties, including changes to work methods, technologies, and project schedules.
• Ability to take ownership of projects and move the team forward despite obstacles and issues.
• Able to learn quickly and apply new concepts, principles, and processes.
• Maintain a solution-oriented approach to development.
• Professional communication and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.